This section explains how to install and run Jiffy Bot on a Windows environment.
To know more about Infrastructure Requirement for the Prerequisites of BOT/windows, click here.
Bot Installation Steps
- Download the Jiffy Client installer from either of the following locations:
- Download location hosted in the internet. Consult Jiffy support team for different versions.
- Navigate to the Task Design Canvas and click the Download Client Installation option in the menu.
- To navigate to the Task Design Canvas, do the following:
- Create an App.
- Click the created app.
- Create a Task.
- Click the Task ID of the created task
- In the Choose what to download dialog box, select both the components and click the DOWNLOAD button.
Extract the downloaded file JiffyInstaller.zip.
The versions in the screenshots may differ from the version that the user is running.
In the extracted folder, right click the Jiffy-Bot-Manager.exe file, select the Run as Administrator option.
It is mandatory to Run the Jiffy client installation as an Administrator.
Click the Yes button to allow the app to be installed.
Click the Next button to start the installation.
Select the Complete option and click the Install button.
Close any instance of Google Chrome running during the installation, when the installer prompts the following dialog box. Click the OK button to continue.
In the installer configuration window, specify the Jiffy Server Domain Name and the License ID. Click the SUBMIT button.
These details are provided with the installation instructions.
Once the installation is complete, reboot the machine.
Run the Jiffy Diagnostic tool as admin from the extracted folder to ensure proper installation.
To do this:
- Double-click the Jiffy-Diagnostic-Tool file.
- Click the Run All Tests button to begin the diagnostics.
- Click the Download Report button after the diagnostics are done.
- Check the report to see that System Prerequisites, JIFFY Bot Prerequisites, and JIFFY Bot show the status as Passed.
Start Developer Bot
- Right-click the icon from the Taskbar.
- Click the Start Developer Bot option.
You will be directed to Jiffy Login screen in the browser.
- Enter the username and password and and click the LOG IN button.
On successful login, the developer bot starts, Bot console window appears in the task bar, and the following window appears which you can close to proceed further.
If you have already logged in to Jiffy, the developer bot will be started and Bot console window appears in the task bar.
Command Line Installation
Click here to know more about Command Line Installation.