User Management is a system for authenticating users and storing user data. JIFFY.ai User Management APIs make managing users easy. These APIs handle user registration process, user authentication, and password management. Using the User Management Console, all aspects of the user accounts such as changing user properties, reset passwords, enable or disable users, and more can be managed.
- Username: Username of the user.
- Full Name: Full name that is concatenated with the first and last name of the user.
- Email: Email address of the user.
- User Type: The user type will be either Tenant Admin or Member. While creating the user, if the toggle button Set as Admin is ON, then the value for the User Type against this user will be Admin otherwise it will be Member.
- Status: The status of the user will be set to Active upon accepting the invitation sent by the Tenant Admin otherwise the user status will be Inactive.
- Invite Status: This is the status of the mail that is sent by the Tenant Admin and can be any of the following four states:
- If the mail sent is accepted by the user, then the invite status will be Accepted.
- If the mail sent has not been received by the user due to some error, then the invite status will be Mail Sent Error.
- If the mail sent is not accepted by the user for seven days, then the invite status will be Pending.
- If the mail sent is not accepted by the user after more than seven days, then the invite status will be Expired.
Tenant Admin can add new users and can invite the users by sending an email.
To add new users to JIFFY.ai, do the following:
In the Users dashboard, click the + icon on the right top corner of the screen.
Choose whether to add an LDAP user or Jiffy user.
In the Add/Invite Users screen that appears, provide the following details:
Basic Info Tab
This screen contains the personal information of the user to be created. Specify the following details and click the SAVE & CONTINUE button to navigate to the next screen.
- Username: The username with which the user can log into the JIFFY.ai and can be of any desired value. The Username is a unique value specific to the user.
Use the Email ID of the user as the username, to prevent the chances of duplication.
- First Name: First name of the user.
- Last Name: Last name of the user.
- Email: Email address of the user to be created for which the invite will be sent.
- Can User Create Apps?: It’s a toggle button used for giving permission to the user for creating apps. If this toggle button is ON, then the user has the privilege to create an App. If it is OFF, then the user wont have the privilege to create an App and can take any other assigned role in the system and perform relevant assigned actions in the App.
- Set as Admin?: If this toggle button is ON, then the user will be set as a Tenant Admin. If it is OFF, then that user will be a Tenant member.
Email Invite Tab
This screen helps to send invites to the users using the email address provided under the Basic Info tab. The Email is sent using the Email Configuration details specified in the Server Settings screen.
- To send the invite to the user, click the ADD & SEND INVITE button.
- The user gets created in the system and the name of the user gets displayed in the Users dashboard with the status as Inactive. The status changes to Active when the invite is accepted by the user.
The email invite is valid for only one week.
There is a icon against each user in the Users dashboard where further modifications can be done to the respective user.
The Username and the Email ID fields cannot be edited.
- Archive: Click the Archive option to archive the user in the application for a certain period of time.
You can select multiple users and perform SET AS ADMIN, DE-ACTIVATE, and ARCHIVE actions using the buttons provided at the bottom.
- The icon against users with Invite Status as Mail Sent Error or Pending has the following options:
- Resend Email: Click the Resend Email option to resend the email invite to the users who have not accepted the earlier invite.
- Delete: Click the Delete option to delete the user from the application with the Invite Status as Mail Sent Error, Pending or Expired.